Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The gaming effect.

I'm sitting here after a long day at work. I'm an introvert who doesn't get enough time to recover between days. I've fed the boys, cold cereal tonight; sometimes it's all I can manage. Rhys is at his desk next to me. He's got his head phones on as he watches a minecraft play video. That means he can't really hear himself as he plays.



His desk is covered with Lord of the Rings models and Star Wars models and 15mm Sci Fi. He has a drawer full of d6. He's playing a mixture of miniatures and role playing with rules of his own design. I'm not at all clear on how it works but he's describing each model's actions, "He uses his shield" "He swings his sword". The dice rolls have some hidden significance that escapes me.

 An hour of this is worth ten hours of introverted recovery.

4 comments:

  1. That is very special indeed and what keeps you getting up in the morning. Stay safe, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Michael. Thanks for the sentiment.

      Delete
  2. With Rhys alone in his thoughts, you are too. You both are getting recovery time. Touching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. He's just happy to be around me and I him. Good times.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...