Monday, March 04, 2024

Painting - Star Wars Legion

  There was no entry last week because Rhys and I were off to play in a Star Wars Legion skirmish tournament on plains east of Denver. We had fun but do not really like that format. We really went to support the locals as they are trying to get a Legion group going out there. 

This week's entry will be a bit larger than usual as a result. First off is Clan Wren for the rebels. 

Clan Wren. All three of them.

Rebel Mandos are not a great unit. Clan Wren is a bit better, two wounds each and some slightly elevated rules, but they just can't punch in the same weight class as the Shadow Collective Mandos.


They are devilishly fast and get a little bit better if Sabine Wren is on the table as a hero.

Action shot.

I have two more units on the table. I'm not sure they'll be done before the end of the Challenge though.

Next up are two CIS repair droids. These are an upgrade to B1s and are annoying since there's almost nothing worse than finally killing a multi-wound model and then having these guys pop it back up.



I tried to do the lens like it's reflecting the dark ground and the lighter sky.


These are small models, half the size of a B1. They tend to get lost in the crowd so I painted them green to help them stand out a bit.

They are holding B1 heads.

Today's third unit is a Super Tactical Droid, two T Series droids, two Viper recon droids and one heal-bot, which is just as annoying as the repair droids but for the few meat bags in the army.

Leaders and more unit upgrades

The T Series Tactical Droids can be a unit leader or a commander in the faction. They have the unit colors for two units, but I can pull them out as needed.

The rear view. Droids don't panic easily so not something their enemies see much of.


The Super Tactical Droid is a really good commander. There are two named droids and a generic but all three are worth taking. They support the army rather than doing the fighting themselves.

My skills aren't up to the intricate designs on these but I approximated them with gold paint.

Next up are more B1s. These bring me to six units, which is the most you can take outside of a special battle force. I'm done with these for now, though I may have some more upgrades to add in.


First up is dark green squad. I call them this because their unit markings are, dark green.


There are twelve B1s in this unit. I ran out of unit leaders with these two batches, though I have the B1s for the rank in file in the final two units that the battle force can take.


These guys are light green and there are only  eleven of them. The unit leader's arm was broken off and I just couldn't get it to stick, so now it's been shot off and is resting at his feet.

Arm shot off; still holding his blaster.


Really glad to see the back of these models and move on.

The last unit is two squads of B2s. I'll need to add one more model to each of these since my son is running them at five droids.


B2s are not much better than B1s. They definitely need a little love from the devs in the next update to the game. Still, I have two units so I might as well get them painted.


I need to paint eight more models and my younger son can show up for his first game at the game store next week with a fully painted army. 

Points wise this is a pretty big entry.

3 x 32mm Clan Wren x 7pts = 21 pts

2 x 32mm PK Droids x 7 pts = 14 pts

6 x 32mm Commanders and add-ons x 7 pts = 42 pts

23 x 32mm B1s x 7 pts = 161 pts

8 x 32mm B2s x 7 pts = 56 pts 

Total = 294 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...