Saturday, March 14, 2015

Entry 20 - "It's Alive!" Curt Geld and Anti-Hero bonus round

This entry is both my entry for the Anti-Hero round and my Curtgeld.  I did quite a bit of research on this one.  First off was just making sure I had a good definition for anti-hero.  Once I had that it was a matter of researching the available models to find one that was appropriate for this theme.  While I had great fun perusing the catalogs of my favorite manufacturers I didn't find anything until I got to Eureka USA's site.  As soon as I saw this set I knew it was my entry.

Dr. Frankenstein and his Monster.

The entry is Dr. Frankenstein, a deeply flawed protagonist indeed.  I found this story to be deeply saddening, mostly for the experience of the monster.  It does not paint a charitable picture of the nature of our species.
Rear view.
I included his monster as it's really the only thing that makes this scientist identifiable.  The models were easy to paint.  I probably spent an hour total on both of them.  Having said that, they are all they need to be.  They do an admirable job of portraying the subject.  The set also comes with Igor, some mad scientist electricity doo-hickies, a book case and a gothic wall/window.  Igor will see the light of day for another project.

The Dr.  "It's Alive".
Clean, crisp detail.
The Monster.
The photo is a little bit too washed out but I made the Monster's skin lighter than the Dr's.


I was impressed with Eureka's service and their product.  The facade was cracked.  Robert sent it on but sent me an email ahead of time letting me know it was damaged and that he would send me a clean one when they came in.  You can't ask for better than that.  I look forward to doing business with them again.

4 comments:

  1. Rob at Eureka Miniatures USA is absolutely the best when it comes to response time and customer service. I have been buying from Rob for nearly 10 years.


    Good work on the mad doctor and his monster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time dealing with him, but I'm very impressed so far.

      Thanks for the compliment on the monster and Dr.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...