Saturday, January 21, 2017

Entry 6 - 7th Challenge - 11 28mm Uruk-Hai

My next entry is eleven Uruk-Hai from Games Workshop. I thought I had finished these off last year but then remembered that I hadn't painted the horizontal pikes because I hate them. On the other hand, we may be playing a Helm's Deep game and will need all of the nasty buggers we can field. I also picked a couple of captains up off of ebay, and they definitely needed paint.



This is the bunch of them. I already have this pose of Captain but they really only made a couple so if you have more than three you'll have doubles.


From the back you can see the shield design. This is from the description in the books, not from the movies.


A close up of the captain. I'm still having lighting issues. I like these models quite a bit. They really capture the movie versions of the Fighting Uruk-Hai which I don't really take issue with like I do some of Jackson's vision.


A better view of the shield. The White Hand on a black background.


Pikes. There is too much glare to see the white elvish S rune on their helmets.



These eleven will give me around 50 painted Uruk-Hai. Not enough for my part of the game, if it ever goes. I'll have to get a couple of more boxes.

9 comments:

  1. Nice job mate - lots of Uruks is good and these look great!
    You've easily got enough for a good game of Dragon Rampant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are enough. Now I just need to have time to sit down and figure out a list.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! You've done a cracking job on the skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy. It's Vallejo Game Color terracotta.

      Delete
    2. I might use that for my Ogres actually - thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. These Uruk-Hai look great! I recall admiring your work on these last year and I am still admiring them! Some of your best work, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. I appreciate your appreciation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...