Monday, January 01, 2018

8th Challenge - Entry 1 - Dark Elf Reaper Bolt Thrower (GW)

This post is much later than my usual first entry. These models were supposed to be done day two of the Challenge. I hadn't used the Jade Green in awhile and squeezed a bit too hard to get it out, and got way too much. Since I hate to waste paint I then had to grab a couple more units of dark elves and use it on them. That means I have two more units nearing completion, but also that these took longer than planned.

A Reaper bolt thrower from GW.

My photo-fu is obviously off since this is over exposed. I haven't really taken any pictures of minis since the last challenge.


These colors grew somewhat organically. I didn't really plan the color scheme ahead of time. I was sure I did not want any purple in them, but other than that I didn't give it much thought. They strike me as sea based colors, so this army is obviously a raiding force.


My sons and I are going to be playing a Dragon Rampant campaign with whatever models strike our fancy. Rhys, who is 13, is in love with the Dark Elves, hence the first few units to be painted for this challenge.

This particular model is one of my favorite in the line. He seems like a great hero or messenger, as well as an artillery commander. He's really characterful.


This lady is scowling evilly at us all. She's also got some great detail on her and was fun to paint. The castings are very clean and crisp.


The bolt thrower is also a great model. It oozes menace and threat. It's one of my favorite parts of this army.


The basework is fairly arid. I didn't want this dread army to be based in lush green fields.


There are two more units of Dark Elves part painted, then I'll switch over to my younger son's army. He is going to be playing Lord of the Rings High Elves with some Galadrim models as well. I also have a couple of entries to add to "Fantasy up" my Romans, who will be my faction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...