Sunday, February 09, 2014

Colorful Colorado - Western Terrain

I'm not into Western gaming myself, but it seems very popular in some of the blogs I follow.  Since I live in the West I thought I'd post up some pics for those of you who want to work on terrain for those games.

The Western Slope of Colorado, near Grand Junction.

A couple of weeks ago we took a long weekend and drove over the Rockies to the Western Slope.  It's an area famous for its peaches, and less famous for its wineries and skiing.  Grand Junction is in Mesa County, named for the obvious geographic features.  The Colorado river flows through here on its way to a slow death in California.

A lot of those rocks really are that red.  It's not all the sunset.
Dry and brown.
Just to the left is some of the best peach growing land in the U.S.
A mesa.
A vineyard.  Eat your heart out Italy.  They make a nice Shiraz here.
Next time you're working on some buttes or mesas for your wild west game, give these pictures a look.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, I think we are still more famous for our skiing than our peaches though. There is a vineyard there that makes a wonderful Port as well, some very good wines come out Mesa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris,
      I totally agree that Colorado, in general is famous for skiiing. Just not Grand Junction so much. I agree on the wines though. There are some good ones over there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...