Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mech Factory - The Contents

A recent purchase, 30 years in the making, recently arrived.  I couldn't be happier.  John Bear Ross made this find, and shared it on the 15mm Sci/Fi Facebook page.  As soon as I saw it I was taken back to my childhood.  This was something that I had wanted desperately but could not afford.  I'd looked at it in the store for two years before giving up.

A big box of awesome.
As a teen I read and played Battletech.  I did not know about Macross.  This set always confused me because the names were wrong.  To me these two mechs will always be the Warhammer and the Crusader.

The instructions.
There is a lot in this box.  For $50 I think it's a steal.  It comes with the two mechs, the vehicles, ground grew and the two sections of factory, as well as decals.  

The Warhammer
The Crusader
Factory floor and walls.
The two big base sections are identical.  There are decals to make the door numbers different.

Rebel Minis Merka tank for scale.  This is a big set.
CMG Mech and 15mm ZAS trooper for scale.  The mech is a medium mech.
The tank and trooper again, for scale.
Factory parts.  Two identical bags, one for each section.
The ground support vehicles and big decal sheet.
Close up of the decals.  There's some nice stuff on here.
The people.  Two of each pose.  There's some more on the ground support vehicle sprues as well.
The whole lot.  There's a bunch of pieces in this box.
I'm really looking forward to getting this put together.  I've waited 30 years for it; it's time to realize those boyhood dreams of having a mech repair bay.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy living out all those dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. It's going to be awesome.

      Delete
    2. I kept pulling sprue after sprue out of the box, saying, "Wow...wow...WOW!" each time. The wife started getting annoyed after a while. ;)

      It is a beautiful set, though, and I'm looking forward to making it my main client photo/comparison shot backdrop.

      Best,
      JBR

      Delete
    3. There was much head shaking from my wife as well. She did not share my excitement at the contents. It will be a great backdrop for pictures.

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more - its even got my all time fav mech in there, the Warhammer!
    Cant wait to see what you do with this Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic - I share your excitement, especially as it has the best Mech ever, the Warhammer!
    Cant wait to see how this comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved the Warhammer. It's a big, brutal, in your face pounder.

      Delete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very groovy! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...