Monday, January 27, 2020

Painting - Mortal Gods Hoplites - The red ones

This is the second unit of hoplites I painted up for Mortal Gods. This is the red unit; red tunics and red and white crests, which will be Owyn's Spartans until I can get his Victrix Spartans painted up.

Twelve hoplites, ready to fight for Sparta.

These are, again, the Warlord Games hoplites. They are definitely not my favorite models but I think they look fine now that they are assembled and painted. This unit has the same configuration as the white hoplites, three with no armor and nine with either bronze curiass or linothorax.


Here is the first group of six. If you compare the shield decals on these to the white hoplites you can see the difference that painting the white under the decal makes. The LBM decals are really nice and easy to work with, so they are well worth the bit of money they cost.


In the view above you can see the red tunics and crests. The differences are subtle but are enough to keep the two forces apart in game. Once our Victrix Athenians and Spartans are painted up then these will become mercenaries who can fight for any side.


This shot is zoomed in more just to try to give you a better view. The batteries in my DSLR died so I'm taking these with my phone.


The other group of six so that you can see their shields. I really dig those decals. This front shot also lets you see just how narrow the Warlord heads are on these guys. Look at the two on the left.


The final shot. Mortal Gods makes your units out of three individual models. They are grouped onto a base together by type. The hoplites and variants can be grouped into a "phalanx" as well. All of these models were painted up in groups of three for that reason. Three with no armor and nine with curiass.

4 comments:

  1. I think they look great! Very good to see you painting and posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. It's good to have access to my toys again. I've missed gaming and painting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...