Friday, December 29, 2023

Painting - AHPC XIV

 My name is Rhys and I'm 19 and special needs. This year I really got into painting, I love it so much. I'm super excited to be part of the Challenge this year.

My first entry is three Space Marine snipers from Games Workshop. My dad tells me these count as 28mm even though they are bigger than they used to be.

Space Marine snipers.


The rear, showing the camo - ghillie suit.

These are big models and easy to paint.


I love the tufts but the glues gets everywhere when I'm putting on the flock.









The next mini is just a standard space Marine. I have more of these that I'll work on later. I did not enjoy painting this one as much as I did the snipers.




Next up is Denethor. My dad and I play a lot of Lord of the Rings (MESBG) together. We also play at the local game store. I love Gondor and I didn't have this model. This is the metal model, which is very hard to find. My dad's friend Tim gave me this as a birthday present.

Denethor, Steward of Gondor

My dad is really jealous that I got this old, classic model. I'll use this for the Overdue and Returns desk since it is a really old model.


I really liked painting this model because of his cape. All of the folds are really nice to paint in metal.

My next entry is four of the new Games Workshop elves (or whatever they're called now - I'm too old to play name games with IP - Dad). I got these for Christmas last year but dad just put them together for this Challenge.


I liked painting these because they can go in a bunch of different armies. I also really like the back flags on the sword elves.



I'll be using these four elves to hit the Fantasy desk, which gives me two desks in the first room.








I have eight more spear elves. I don't like painting these very much, especially the long spears.


That gives me two locations in the first room. Now I can move on if I want to.

9 x 28mm foot @ 5 points = 45 points
Overdues and Returns = 20 points
Fantasy = 20 points
Total = 85 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...