Sunday, February 23, 2020

Painting - Fireforge zombies for Rangers of Shadow Deep

This post is six of the new zombies from Fireforge games. I got them as part of the kickstarter for their not-Stark fantasy army fighting undead.

Six zombies. That village had a rough day.

I really like these models because they are peasants who were turned into zombies rather than soldiers who were turned into zombies. These are a much rarer type of zombie on the market these days.


The sprue comes with man different arm options; most of them holding farming implements. There are also the useful grasping arms. I like the variety in the heads, especially the one with the crow ripping off the guy's face and the one that has half of his skull showing.


These were very fast to paint and I didn't clean up the wash at all, since they should be really dirty. I chose to make mine with the farm implements as they are very recently dead in the scenario for RoSD.


I also kept the ground work very open and dead. It doesn't make sense for the game, but I wanted the undead to have dead grass around them. It also turns out that six of these was not enough for the first scenario. We had to pull in two partially re-painted WizKid pre-paints and that still wasn't enough. Happily I have more of these and they are easy to paint.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...