Sunday, March 19, 2017

Final Post for the 7th Annual Analog Hobbies Painting Challenge

This is my last post for a week or so. The boys are on Spring Break and we are in sunny California, where it is not quite as nice as it is back in Colorado, oddly.

This post is all over the place as it's made up of stuff that I've been tinkering with since the challenge started.




First up to bat is a unit of 24 28mm Celts from Warlord Games, Black Tree Designs and Wargames Factory (yuck).


This unit is on four 60mm x 60mm bases from Litko. I put the BTD guys up front and the Wargames Factory in the back and fill out the unit with Warlord. The Wargames Factory Celts are soooo bad. They are just soul crushing to paint. BTD on the other hand makes some really nice sculpts. I'm looking forward to checking out Victrix's new plastics as I'm sort of over the Warlord kits at this point.


The rear view. Lots of clunky, non-natural looking dudes visible here.

Next up is an ECW command stand. With this I have enough for a Bde so I can actually play. These guys are all Warlord Games.






These are both nice models, especially the general waiving his flash purple hat. The flag is out of the box set for the plastics. I had to add my own wire spear.

The next figure is a single EIR command model that I didn't have done in time for the last post. This one is an Aquilifer. I put him on a low profile base since I plan on having him on a larger command base and don't want it to stick out above the ground work.


This is another Warlord Games model. He's very nice, one of their better sculpts in the range I think.


The next three are more RPG models. The two swordsmen are from North Star miniatures and are part of the Frostgrave line. Very nice models. Clean, well sculpted casts but not too much detail.


The wizard is a bones model. He was supposed to be Solistarian, the elvish Wizard in our group. Sadly, Sully's player lives on the East coast and dials in to the games. He bought his own model for Sully and it ended up being GW's High Elf Arch Mage. Very much an over the top model. As I have the same model, already painted, this one will be going onto the bench.


Next up are three Star Wars Armada X-Wings from Fantasy Flight games.


These photos really didn't come out well. They are from yellow squadron. I'm not thrilled with the job I did on them, which is why they are not red squadron. I did learn some things about painting models this small which should make the rest go better. These are probably 3mm models.


Last, but certainly not least, are two GW Lord of the Rings Mordor trolls. These can also serve as ogres for D&D.


These are really great models. I'm building an army just around them, I like them so much.


These guys are all metal. You can see just how huge they are in the group shot at the top of the page. They dwarf the ECW commanders on horses.

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...