Sunday, February 02, 2020

Painting - Star Wars Legion Rebel AT-RT

This is a single model for Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Legion game. This is a rebel AT-RT.


This is a large model. The rider is 32mm standing next to the machine. It's fast and fragile and provides a mobile heavy weapon capability for the Rebel army. It can carry a variety of different weapons and upgrades to allow you to tweak it for it's mission.


This was primed in a krylon primer that is, basically, Vallejo desert yellow. I then added the cammo stripes and painted a few components the same color. I also added Agrax earthshade and Nuln oil where it seemed appropriate. I dirtied up the feet and that was just about the job on the walker.


In the image above you can see where I painted a couple of sections in the same color as the camo stripes. There's no reason for this other than visual interest. The rider is painted exactly the same as the rebel troopers in my last post.


Here's the other side and the rotary canon, which is basically the same as that carried by the troopers. I did leave off (accidentally) a stabilizer piece that fits into the hole under the rider's leg and down to the walker leg. I have two more of these which I assembled correctly.


The laser canon attachment. I did not glue the guns in place. The fit is tight enough, for now, that I can just plug in the weapon I want. I'll probably need to source some really small rare earth magnets in the near future to keep them in place.


The flamer option. Burn them out of cover.

This model gives the rebels some mobile fire power but it is very fragile; not much more robust than the troopers themselves are.

3 comments:

  1. That looks superb, I need to get round to doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's fun to assemble and easy to paint.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jonathan. I'm looking forward to playing soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...