Saturday, February 01, 2020

Painting - Star Wars Legion Rebel Troopers

This is a unit for the Star Wars Legion game by Fantasy Flight. I've played a couple of small games, just learning the rules, and like what I've seen so far. I've loved Star Wars from the time the move came out - NOT a New Hope - it was called Star Wars. My father and I watched it, then walked out of the theater and stood in line to watch it again. I was five.


This is a standard unit, straight out of the box. Every unit has a leader and, in this case, three troopers. There are then three attachments, an additional trooper, a mini gun and an ion gun.

Trooper, trooper, leader.
The models are large, probably 32mm. They are quite a bit bigger than the Star Wars Imperial Assault models by the same company. This is shitty, to be clear. There is no way to use the models between the games due to the large difference in size.

Z-6 rotary blaster canon, MPL-57 Ion gun and two regular troopers.
That complaint aside, these are really nice models. They look great and are easy to paint. The game play is fun and there are a ton of units out there, allowing you to build the army you want.


These are not hard plastic so they need to be assembled with super glue but they are snap fit so the glue is just there to hold them together.


The game play is fast and simple but with a lot of tactical complexity that rewards smart play. I'm looking forward to playing this year, both with the boys and with my friend Tony who is obsessed with this game.


Good detail on the face of this model. With seven model units you can paint up an army pretty quickly.


This is the sergeant. The same model in every unit might get old after awhile.


Again, good detail on his face. All of the models in this squad got blonde facial hair. I'll do each unit with a single color and then I can mix and match. I currently have five of this unit though I doubt that will be what my army looks like. I'll paint them all because they will be great for other games, such as the Star Wars mod for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...