Sunday, September 08, 2013

X-Wing with the boys

There has not been much hobby action this summer, as stated before.  The boys still love their two main game pastimes though.  The first is D&D, which they have only just discovered and which is good for a quick hack and slash session before bed.

Their long term passion is X-Wing though.  We hadn't played in a few weeks and Owyn has been badgering me to play ever since we got back from camping last weekend.  I promised him we would play this weekend and that he could fly the "Million Falcon".

Millenium Falcon and Slave 1
The big boys passing in the night.

They boys decided this would be a straight up Star Wars brawl.  Han in the Millenium Falcon and Luke in an X-Wing.  Facing them was Bobba Fet in Slave 1 along with a Tie Fighter and an Interceptor.

X-Wing and Tie Interceptor
Luke facing off against a nameless imperial pilot.
They boys had a great time, no whining and not too much angst with each other.  They were both happy to push their fighters around the table and blast away at daddy.

Owyn flying the Million Falcon.
Rhys loves being Luke Skywalker.
It was a good hour of fun with the boys.  I'm really glad I bought this game as it has been a huge hit with both of them.

6 comments:

  1. Really glad you and your boys can have fun playing miniature games.

    I just picked up 2 starter sets, 3 interceptors, 2 a wings and the slave 1. We will need to get a game in seeing as there is no building or painting required!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic to see a family getting so much fun from a common hobby. I have spent almost 30 years playing wargames with my Dad and I still let him win...:)
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They boys are falling in love with the hobby, especially Rhys. I'm looking forward to the next 30 years of playing with them.

      Delete
  3. The pics of the boys said it all.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have gotten their little faces as they were plotting my destruction. Such pure evil crossed with cherubic innocence. It was grand.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...