Sunday, January 24, 2010

Painting Countdown V



I completed seven more of my Warriors of Minas Tirith last night.  That makes eight total.  That means I only have a few more models from what I currently own. 

Captain
Warrior with Banner
Warrior with Horn

6 x Knights of Minas Tirith
6 x Horses for the Knights
8 x Rangers of Gondor with spear
10 x Rangers of Gondor
8 x Warriors of Minas Tirith with Shield
9 x Warriors of Minas Tirith with Shield
12 x Warriors of Minas Tirith with Shield and Spear
 
I am changing up my list some, now that I know what the scenarios are going to be for the GitD.  I need a character that can actually kill things since Contest of Champions is one of the games.  In that one you pick one of your heroes.  The game is decided by how many kills each champion has.  My Captain of MT was just not going to get enough kills to compete in that scenario.  The above list would have required me to kill off my opponent's champion with bow fire to have a chance.

This is the list I am going to play test over the next couple of days.

Faramir
Cirion
Warrior of Minas Tirith with Horn
8 x Rangers of Gondor with Spear
9 x Rangers of Gondor
17 x Warriors of Minas Tirith with shield
13 x Warriors of Minas Tirith with shield and spear
4 x Knights of Minas Tirith

This list will give me more hero support but I have to give up the Banner and a couple of Knights to keep my numbers up.  I think that it will balance out, and leave me with enough Knights to compete in the Seize the Prize variant.  In that one you have to grab a prize from the center of the board and get it off of your opponents side.  We'll see how the list does in testing.

My camera's macro is not 100% what I would like.  I am having a hard time getting good shots.  I'll keep experimenting until I figure it out though.  You just can't have a mini blog without pictures of minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...