Thursday, August 09, 2012

First Mini Ever - Part 2

In this post here I narrated the story of Rhys' first mini.  He has finally finished painting it.  I dull coated it today so it is as ready as it is going to get.

"The Master" in all his glory.

Rhys has finally shown interest in painting this year.  He's seven.  He has been going with me to Collectormania for years, playing mostly with Star Wars minis that they keep on hand for the kids.  He, early on, developed an appropriate appreciation for terrain and the fun it brings to a game.  It took him longer to get into the minis themselves.

Primed, before the paint.
Rhys' interest in painting this has been episodic but steady, much like my own, to be honest.  He nailed a lot of it the first day but then came back several times to work on stuff he missed or to clean things up.  Rhys chose the colors, mostly based on what I had out for my models.  When he was done I dipped it and varnished it.

Rear view.
Rhys is special needs and has some fine motor issues.  The fine brush work was great therapy for him.  He didn't get frustrated at all, taking his time and taking everything in stride.  He is very, very proud of his "Master" and can't wait to get started on the next models.  He has three rank and file left and another hero.

I'm just proud as punch.

2 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! Great job Rhys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I'm very proud of him. And he is very proud of his model.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...