Thursday, January 22, 2015

Entry 14, Part 2 - Vth annual Analogue Painting Challenge - The Raisuli

The next entry was supposed to be for the Victorian themed round.  My son's birthday party was that Saturday and after three hours of wrangling kids around the pool I sat down to base this model.  Two hours later I woke up and it was way too late to get him based and have the sand/glue dry.

The Raisuli

This is a 28mm metal model from Gringo 40.  It's the Raisuli from "The Wind and the Lion".   I love this movie, mostly because the Marines land and fight just about everyone from the locals to the Germans and French.  There's some other stuff but, whatever.

The horse was last seen next to a Celtic nag.
This is a very fine model.  Loads of detail, sharp with little flash.  The sculptor captured Sean Connery's face very well.

Sean Connery.
Better late then never.  This model will lead a company for In Her Majesty's Name.  Now I just need to source the right Berber models to fill it out.

6 comments:

  1. I've spied this model before, really lovely and now on my wish list die to your splendid paint job,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. It really is a fantastic casting. Well worth the price.

      Delete
  2. He looks great, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. I agree on both counts. Gringo 40 does some great sculpting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...