Friday, January 02, 2015

Entry 7 - Vth Analogue Painting Challenge - 1 x 28mm Santa

This next entry was something I whipped out on Christmas day.  This model came free from Foundry last year, when I ordered the Curtgeld.

Santa's not hearing any of your crap!
The model was a quick paint.  Simple but loaded with character.

The snow is OK.  Not great but it'll do.
The snow is GW's.  I'm not really sold on it, but I have a container of it to use up now.  I'm not really sure what I'll do with this model now, but it was fun to paint.

8 comments:

  1. Really like that Santa. It looks like he's channelling more Krampus than St. Nick. You could try mixing the GW snow with matte medium into a paste first it can give a more wet snow effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was free from Foundry. I never would have known he existed to order him. I really like the model. It has a ton of character. I'll have to try that with the snow. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a great mini. Foundry has some real gems. It's too bad they are so expensive.

      Delete
  3. "Santa's not hearing any of your crap!"
    Santa Grognard :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Now I wish I'd painted him as a Frenchman. Brilliant.

      Delete
  4. The infamous raider from the North, Santa Clausson
    Berzerker Champion in a Dark Ages Warband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where he'll end up eventually. As a champion for some Vikings or other hairy dark age brutes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...