Thursday, February 09, 2012

Anticipation

I've been list building this week.  In addition to the Harad lists I posted up I've come up with lists for Gondor, Rohan, Isengard, Grey Company and Aragorn and the army of the dead. 

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that at 600 points most lists are going to be between 30 and 40 models.  Despite my reservations about the new format, which I'm putting behind me in the interests of mental health, I'm looking forward to playing with the new lists.  I am really liking the ability to customize basic warriors now. 


I'll have to play with it and see if warriors of Kharna are worth the points.  If I kept my Haradrim as normal warriors with bows then I could add five more into the army.  That is a pretty big trade off for one better shoot value.  Happily, playing games with them will be the best way to figure out what works for me with my play style.

I may try and talk someone into playing the new scenarios tonight at the League.  We can just say that you have to divide your army up into equal sized bands for each hero you have and go from there.  It would be nice to break out of the same old scenario rut.

More to follow after the game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...