Saturday, February 11, 2012

Historicals

I majored in history in college.  Military history.  I love it.  My parents are both PhD Historians.  I've never played or collected a historical game or model.

I think I've been intimidated by the choices.  Too many scales, rules, eras.  Where to begin?  Will I have someone to play with?  Because I haven't had the answers to these questions I have held off on taking the leap.  I've read the blogs.  I've leafed through the rules books and read reviews online.  I've looked at models from different eras and manufacturers.  I've avoided making any kind of commitment for years.

I've finally made a decision.  I've ordered Hail Ceasar.  I'll read through the rules.  If they look good then I'll be picking up one of the great deals on Romans from Warlord Games.  I'll probably add some Celts.  I don't know that I'll have anyone to play against but I've taken the first steps.

I'm also interested in Black Powder, several sets by TooFatLardies as well as Very Civile Actions from the Perfect Captain, for ECW.  I'll probably be buying several sets of rules this year.

I'm looking forward to this.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...