Thursday, February 23, 2012

Painting and bases

I have completed another eight Haradrim.  Sadly I had eight more spears mostly done, which I won't need in my current list under Warbands.  This group is six archers and the final two spears.  I believe that puts me at eight models for February, which means I need to step it up if I'm going to get twenty done this month.

I'm painting all of these to basic table top standard.  I'll go back later and clean them up, fixing the capes, working on the faces and adding a few simple hightlights (all my skills will allow, simple).

The latest recruits to the army.  I have to figure out how to take better pictures.



I have been noticing that my other painted figures were looking un-done.  On the table, but especially in pictures, they were hard to tell from the half painted and un-painted models beside them.  This was disheartening to say the least.

Yesterday I sucked it up and based the ten spears I completed last month. 

Freshly based and ready for battle.


I am happy with how the bases came out, though I did not think to take pictures of the process, I'll do that when I base the next group.  I normally base an army once they are completely painted.  In this case I'll have to base as I go as the brown blends in too much with the tables and their cloaks.

The final picture is of two models, painted to the same standard but one based and one not.  I'm amazed at the difference it makes.

These are painted to the same standard.  The only difference is that one is based and the other is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...